Sunday, January 25, 2009

Inspired

When I look out the window and see only snow and bare trees, I find it odd that I would feel so inspired. But I do. This past week has been a week of INSPIRATION for me. It started last Saturday when I met with my sister Lindsey to talk business. She helped me brainstorm ideas for Spectrum of Amber and we discussed numerous possibilities and obstacles. It was so fun to spend time with her, and very encouraging to continue digging into my dream of starting a business.

I followed up that brainstorming session with a Tuesday meeting. I was fortunate to sit down and glean some wisdom from a local business owner, the owner of the company that printed my cards, as a matter of fact! He had all sorts of suggestions and questions which got my brain spinning. It was wonderful! I walked away inspired. I couldn't shut my brain off for the rest of the day; I just kept thinking about all the possibilities.

I made the fortunate mistake of going to a Stampin' Up open house on Friday night, right before the weekend. Seeing other people's creations and card ideas also gets my wheels spinning! I may have holed up and spent all day stamping yesterday. And I may have been stamping since lunch today. And I may be planning to go back and continue stamping after I sign off here. It's hard to say. :)

I'm enjoying the feeling of inspiration, especially during a season when I usually find myself begging the seasons to change. I'm thankful for the creative energy I have had this week, and I hope to be able to run with it into next week and share it with others. So, if you're reading this, I dare you to leave the computer now and pick up a crayon, or a scrapbook-in-progress, or a camera. Go get inspired too!

No comments:

Post a Comment