Wednesday, December 14, 2011

In the Spirit

Tonight I am writing from a friend's home. I am babysitting her children and it has been one of the most enjoyable nights I've had in awhile! Not only are her children wonderful and adorable, but they love to read!

We spent the first 40 minutes of our night reading so many books together. We sang the 12 days of Christmas book and read a new favorite of mine, Llama Llama Holiday Drama. As we read together they snuggled in and I felt so lucky to be a part of their lives.

Now they are all cozy in their beds and I am in a peaceful home with TWO beautifully-decorated Christmas trees and quiet Christmas music playing in the background.

I think this is the closest I've come yet to getting into the Christmas spirit this year! What a gift these little ones were to me tonight and what a blessing to have quiet time for reflection.

Friend, if you are reading this, thank you for the gift tonight to be a part of your family. You are raising wonderful children and I am grateful to be involved in their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment