Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Wrapping up May and Starting June

May proved to be a special month for me; each day brought to mind another person to whom I could write. Before this month-long challenge, I would oftentimes get to thinking of someone during my day, appreciating them and just thinking kind thoughts of them. May made me take action on those thoughts and let those people know how much they mean to me.

I pray that the letters and notes that were sent out were a blessing to those who received them. It was a blessing for me to write to them and share the love I have in my heart for those people.

If this challenge had been a year-long one, I don't think I would have run out of people to send a letter to. Many wonderful people fill my days and my thoughts. Thank you to all of you who share your lives with me. You are a blessing, and I am grateful to have you in my life.

June started today, and with that comes another month-long challenge that will occupy 15 minutes of each day. I am thrilled to announce that June's challenge will be gardening. I'm very much looking forward to this challenge! I began tonight by attacking a very weedy patch of rock alongside our home. The weeds had grown embarrassingly tall - some about 6 inches tall! That's taller than the vegetables in my garden! I put on some gardening gloves that were gifted to me for my birthday and began pulling. What fun! I could quickly see my progress, and at the close of my 15 minutes of weeding, I proudly carted an armload of weeds to the compost bin.

I'm excited to see where tomorrow's gardening challenge will take me!

No comments:

Post a Comment