Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Thank-you Notes

Thank you notes are a magnificent thing. In recent years I find myself writing more and more of them. Hands down, I write the most thank-you notes at Christmas time.

I'm currently up to my elbows in stamps, ink pads, tape, and craft paper making my Christmas thank-you notes for this year. I like making cards with the recipient in mind. I've been casually writing the notes as they are created, and I have to say, writing thank-you notes is one of my favorite things to do.

Writing a thank-you note allows me to think back to the person who did something nice for me, and to relive that moment or experience. When I've been writing to thank the people who have hosted parties or Christmas celebrations, I remember how much fun I had, the conversations, decorations, food, and all the little details. It's like hitting rewind and doing it all over again!

I've noticed that after I finish writing a note, my heart is light and I'm smiling recalling the kindness shown to me. I'm thinking about how I am cared for and loved, and how I love and care for the person who I'm writing to.

It's pretty great.

No comments:

Post a Comment