Friday, May 10, 2013

The Best Way to Wash Dishes

Wednesday night found me standing at the sink with a towering mountain of dirty dishes on my right.  I dug in and was quickly swept away to utter dishwashing bliss.

Why, you ask?

Because a light rain began to fall outside around dishwashing time on Wednesday night.  The window above the sink was open, and through the open window came the soft, sleepy sound of rain mixed with a cool, gentle breeze.

I heard the rain landing on the lawn outside.  I heard the rain making the occasional "tink tink" as it his our gutters.  I heard the water rain running down the downspouts. 

Oh yeah, and I washed dishes. 

The only thing reminding me that I was washing dishes was the periodic use of the faucet as I rinsed now-clean dishes and moved them to the left side of the sink. 

If dishwashing was always this nice, I would gladly do dishes all day, forever.  Oh, what bliss!


No comments:

Post a Comment