Monday, November 1, 2010

Windex and Paper Towel

Our windows are so dirty that some days I can't tell if it's sunny or cloudy.

Well, that's an exaggeration, but they ARE really dirty. While I clean the inside of the windows periodically (meaning once a year), I have yet to clean the outside since we purchased the home in 2008. Many factors have kept me from doing this, including:

Fear of heights
Fear of spiders
Fear of squirrels
Lack of time
Lack of good weather when there is time
Too many pieces to the windows (each one has 8 panels and a screen!!!)

Today enough was enough. I had waited far too long and the days are only getting shorter and colder.

When I got home, I grabbed a ladder, a purse for my windex and paper towels, and I began to wash. Zac got home from work and joined in.

Wow! What a difference 5 minutes made! 15 minutes proved even more amazing, and soon we could see the windows gleaming. Ahhhhh. I smile just thinking about it.

It feels so good to have clean windows. You can truly see the difference when you look out them now. Why did I wait so long to do this simple project? What simple projects do you have in your life that you've been putting off? See if you can make progress on one of those projects today - you won't regret it!

No comments:

Post a Comment