Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Welcoming December

Happy December! I'm so excited for this month's "resolution." If you haven't heard, I've been choosing a new New Year's resolution for each month of 2010. I try to spend 15 minutes a day doing something different each month. It's been a great year filled with a variety of activities and adventures!

This month I'm planning to blog each day about a 15-minute activity you and I can do "together" that creates a better you, me, and we. I'll try to give you a heads up as to which supplies you'll need in advance so you can be prepared to have fun right along with me. Enjoy - I know I will!

December 1
Materials: candle, match, Bible or Children's Christmas story
Today we'll be getting into the Christmas spirit by reading the Christmas story. Choose a quiet spot where you enjoy sitting. I'm choosing our front living room, in front of the Christmas tree. Light a candle, pause and relax, and open your Bible to Luke 2:1-20. Read the story slowly, and perhaps even read it again.

Here's my reading spot this morning:


All too often, I wait until the Christmas Eve service at church to reflect on the Christmas story. This year I want to strive to remember the true meaning of Christmas earlier than Christmas Eve! May the story of Christ's birth inform our gatherings, greetings, and giving this Christmas Season.

No comments:

Post a Comment