Tuesday, November 20, 2012

You've Come a Long Way, Baby!

I am the firstborn child in my family.  I am a perfectionist.  I am Type A.  My Myers Briggs is INFJ, heavy on the J. I like my living quarters to be clean and organized.  I freak out if I can't find something because it's not where it's supposed to be. And as far as I know, I have ALWAYS been this way.  Ask my mom.

Which is why THIS


was such a victory for me today.

Yes, yes, that is my precious little baby girl playing in the dirt.  The best part is that I encouraged her to do it.  I gave her a shovel, showed her how to scoop a few scoops, and she was off.  I worked near her taking out the last flower bed before winter's snow covered our lawn.  I heard a cough at one point and looked over to find this...



Yep.  She ate dirt.  I didn't need to teach her not to because after one bite, I could sense she wasn't going to do it again.

And finally a shot of her pants... check out all that dirt.  It looks like she has one brown sock on and one white!  (and excuse the goofy-looking clothes and white socks with brown shoes...we put on our play clothes to go outside and get dirty!)


Although I've come a long way, there are still traces of Old Me.  As soon as we got in the house I stripped her down and threw all those dirty clothes in the laundry basket, washed her hands (and face), and put fresh, clean clothes on her.  Getting dirty is okay...but just for a little bit.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment