Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Why I Like Thrift Stores

I like thrift stores.  It warms my heart to think of people sharing things that they no longer need.  It makes me feel good that these discarded items are not going into landfills.  Additionally, many thrift stores raise money for programs that help the community.  However, today I want to share with you my favorite thing about thrift stores....the amazing prices.

Check out what I picked up today!  As you scroll, add up how much you think I spent.  The total is at the bottom.  :)  See how close your guess is!

This fantastic black shirt for Feven.  So versatile!  I wish it was in my size...


This adorable purple skirt for her for summertime.


Shirt and pants pajamas...because someone in our house has figured out how to unzip her footie pajamas and does so nightly...





This gorgeous velvet dress that will likely work for next fall and winter.



A pencil case for her markers.  We've been doing more coloring lately and now she'll be able to access her materials easily and all by herself (and hopefully my cupboards will have a better shot at staying organized).


Baby Einstein book with plastic pages to ensure a longer life with this teething gal!
 

A "Treasure Box" for Feven's special cards and notes that she's received.  I've been looking all over for one of these and was so excited to find this one that will fit all her special things!


On Christmas Eve I learned from my mom how to keep Feven quiet(er) in church...stickers!  Here are few partially-used books.  I don't mind because the stickers won't stay in there for long!


A basically-brand-new box of sidewalk chalk.  If you look closely, you'll see the pointed tips and plastic still covering most of the chalks. 


And the final picture of all I found.  How much did you think it cost?  With in-store sales and a coupon I had, I paid $5.18 total for all of the items below.  That averages to about $0.50 per item.  I estimated what it all would have cost new and the total was roughly $77.00.  That is an approximate savings of 94%.  My pocketbook says thank you.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment