Monday, February 14, 2011

Home Remodel - Lighting

I had the privilege of working on "Operation Confidential" this weekend with my dad and brother. Zac was out of town so I thought it would be the perfect time to do a surprise home improvement project - weekend warrior style!

The project - take out the low-hanging ceiling fan and replace it with recessed lighting. The hoped-for benefit is fewer bumps on the head and better lighting overall.

Step 1: Invite my family over to help me clear the room.
Step 2: Cover all the furniture that couldn't be relocated.


Step 3: Call in the experts - Dad and Brandon.


Step 4: Cut holes in the ceiling where the cans will sit.


Step 5: Create a new electric box for the dimmer switch.


Step 6: Try not to think about the mess to clean up.



Step 7: Wire the lights.



Step 8: Install the cans.


Step 9: Sit back and enjoy!


Isn't this amazing? It was so fun to work on this project with my dad and brother. Well, I should restate that. I didn't do a whole lot with the installation, but I provided the best meals that I could and even made homemade ice cream and brownies for an afternoon snack. Thanks Dad and Brandon for your hard work. We will think of you each time we turn on the lights!

No comments:

Post a Comment