Monday, February 28, 2011

The Livin-Life-With-You Friends

The older I get, the more I see the value of having friends in your life with whom you can simply live life. I cherish those friends of mine who I can call up on a whim and invite over to my house - or invite myself to their house - and together we'll just be.

I write about this today because I had a weekend of such encounters. On Friday night, a couple friend of mine called to hang out, but I had to do some baking. I half-jokingly said, "Well, you guys can come over here and help me bake cookies if you want." It was a wonderful evening. Very laid back, no pressure, and a great example of just living life together. By the way, we all wore our pajama pants and sweatshirts!

Again on Sunday I was fortunate enough to have an encounter like that with a different friend. She and I wanted to hang out, and we decided we'd run errands together. We went to various stores, but my favorite example was when we were at Target. We navigated our cart together through the toilet paper aisle, we compared prices on paper towel, and we even browsed the candle section and managed to smell nearly every candle. I absolutely love that I have friends that I can simply "BE" with. These are the sweetest kinds of friends to have.

Who are your friends with whom you can enjoy the simple, day-to-day events of life? Take a moment today to write a note of thanks and acknowledge the gift that they are!

No comments:

Post a Comment