Thursday, March 24, 2011

The Beauty of Art

I just got home from the Amos Lee concert at the State Theatre.
It. Was. Amazing.

First of all, the State Theatre is just gorgeous. I have never been there before, and its ornate beauty took my breath away from the moment I walked in. I feel silly that here I am, living 10 minutes away from this gorgeous theater, and this was my first time there! Tonight will certainly not be my last.

Secondly, I got to hear Amos Lee perform in a place he was meant to perform in. The State Theatre suited his style and even though there were 2,200 people there, it was an intimate evening of music and stories.

It was an incredible experience to be in a place where visual art intermingled with musical art. The thought-provoking lyrics of Amos' songs bounced off the detailed craftsmanship of the theater. It overwhelmed my senses and made me feel alive.

That's the beauty of art.

No comments:

Post a Comment