Friday, May 13, 2011

A Full-Time Temporary Employee

In May of 2009, I quit my full-time job without having anything else lined up. It was just time for a change, and it couldn't wait any longer. That decision was crazy and scary and I didn't know what the future would hold.

Well, it's been two years now - two years - and I have never been without. God has provided all sorts of odd jobs and unique opportunities for me to help make ends meet. I have stories of how I have seen unexpected money come in to cover car repair bills and adoption expenses nearly to the dollar. I am amazed.

In the last two years, there have been only a handful of days where I wanted work but could not find it. Otherwise, I have been busy and even been turning away work because I have more opportunities than hours in the day.

Somehow or other, my pieced-together temporary jobs have become a full-time gig. Who would have thought?!? Tonight I had to change my cell phone message to let teachers know that I am booked for subbing through the rest of this school year. Amazing.


Lord, help me to use past experiences of your faithfulness to trust you with my future. Remind me of your goodness and your care.

No comments:

Post a Comment