Monday, May 16, 2011

View from the Sky

As we ascended I gazed back on Minneapolis. It was a clear day and I quickly picked out Lake Calhoun, then Lake Harriet. The leaves that are starting to grow on the trees made a patchwork quilt of green from the sky, with the gray roads keeping each square in its place.

The rooftops got smaller and smaller and it got me to thinking about God. It amazes me and baffles me at the same time how He can know each of us intimately and care for each of us deeply. I couldn't even begin to count all the rooftops I was seeing, and that was just one city on one continent!

We continued ascending and the green patchwork of city blocks transformed to green squares of fields. Soon I glanced out the window to find a blanket of white with snowy mountain tops peeking through. It took my breath away. The mountain range had to have been in Colorado, and I marveled at the beauty of the mountains from the sky.

As I was trying to wrap my head around all that I had seen, the song "God is Real" by India Arie came to mind. It was certainly the soundtrack to my life at that moment!

Enjoy this song - the link I found doesn't have video to go with it, but gaze out your window and make your own music video. I know you'll do a great job!

No comments:

Post a Comment