Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Balance

My life often feels chaotic. I know, I know, there isn't that much to be chaotic in my life (i.e. no kids), but it still feels chaotic and overcrowded.

I decided my summer resolution is to strive for balance. I would say "achieve balance" but then again I'm not sure if it's really possible. Therefore, I will strive for balance.

My first step in this plan is to get into a routine. While the last two years have been fun with piecing together work and creating my own schedule each week, I need a routine.

My wonderful workplace has allowed me to work everyday this summer for a set number of hours. It's still part-time, but I'm excited that I will be doing the same thing at the same place each day. I won't have to choose each day when to leave the house - I will already know. I won't have to decide what to wear based on what age group of kids I am teaching - just office attire. I won't have to pack a lunch that can be eaten with or without a microwave - I will always have one. I have loved the freedom associated with my temp life, but I am very excited to have a good dose of routine.

I think one of my challenges will be to stay focused when I have down time at home so I can be helpful around the house. I have these visions of a weeded garden, beautiful flower beds, and a clean house. I know I will have to stay focused to make this happen. I am looking forward to using routine to my advantage, and hopefully being able to get chores done throughout the day so that Zac and I can enjoy our summer evenings together.

Let me know if you have any words of wisdom. I need help as I strive for balance.

No comments:

Post a Comment