Monday, June 27, 2011

What a Scrumptious Day!

I don't know what the weather was like where you live, but here in Minneapolis, it was just about the most perfect day I could ever imagine today. The temperature was in the low 70's with a steady breeze and sunshine. I giggled just being outside in the incredible weather.

Tonight Zac and I finished planting the garden. We got to work in the dirt together, and that made tonight even more perfect. I don't know what it is, but being in the garden seems to be good therapy for me. I was talking to a woman from my home church last weekend and she said the same thing. She said she feels like she can clear her head when she's out in the garden. I agree! When I was turning up dirt and placing seeds in the ground there was no thought of work, the long adoption wait, or other irritations that sometimes plague my mind. All I could think about was what a beautiful day it was and how much joy I felt being out in it.

What are the things that bring you great joy? What makes you smile from the inside out? I hope you are surrounded by those things today.

No comments:

Post a Comment