Monday, August 6, 2012

Bare Feet and Blueberry Pie

Last year when my friend showed me pictures of a house she and her husband were considering purchasing, the front porch caught my eye.  I told her that looks like a great porch on which to sit and drink wine coolers together.  I made her promise that if they got that house, we could spend an afternoon or evening doing that very thing.

Yesterday was the day.  And while we didn't have wine coolers (she happens to be 5 months pregnant!), we did have cookies, sweet tea, fresh cherry tomatoes, and blueberry pie.  I took my shoes off and we leaned back in our chairs and began to catch up on the many things that have happened in our lives since we talked last.

I can't think of a better way to have spent the afternoon.  It was glorious for so many reasons.  I think one of the best things was the temperature.  It was in the high 70's after a stretch of two months of heat and humidity.  Our town has seen more days in the 90's than any other summer I can remember.  I have talked with others who have "cabin fever" because it's too hot and humid outside to do anything!  Finally the heat broke, and I got to enjoy the afternoon in the company of a cool breeze and a great friend.  Summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment