Friday, August 3, 2012

The Library

I'm a complete book nerd.  I know I've talked about my love of books before, but it's worth mentioning again: I love books.

Summer childhood memories for me are filled with trips to the Bookmobile, our public school library which was open a few days a week in the summer, or the BIG library in the neighboring town.  Ooooh, it was so much fun to look at all of the books on the shelves, examine the covers and read the summaries on the back!  Which stories would grab my attention?  Who would I meet in the stories and what would I learn from them?  It was all I could do to not get sucked in right there amidst the library shelves!

Yesterday got to be a loooong day, so Feven and I went on a trip to the library.  She has a ways to go yet before she can fully appreciate the library, so I chose the books this time.  When we got home, I put the book bag on the floor and went to the kitchen to put away some groceries.  I came back in to find Feven taking the books out of the book bag and paging through them.  Yahoo!  A book lover in the making!  I joined her and began paging through the new books myself.  How exciting!

Feven and I read at least 9 books together each day.  You can imagine how quickly we read through our own collection at this rate!  These fresh books were such a treat for both of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment