Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Gotcha Day - Eating Out

What's a Gotcha Day without a special meal to celebrate?  In future years maybe I'll make Ethiopian food here at the house, but this time we went out to eat. 

I'm really thankful that we are able to eat Ethiopian food enough that Feven knows exactly what to do when they bring us the injera.  She doesn't hesitate, but digs right in!  If she had her way, she would eat only injera without anything else for a meal!


I absolutely love this picture.  I don't even know if I can pinpoint what it is about it, but I love it!  In the background you can see two Ethiopian-American men dining.  One special thing I've noticed is how many Ethiopians dote on children.  While in-country, I recall numerous times walking down the street and passersby would grab Feven's hand to kiss it or remark how cute she was.  At the restaurant this weekend, the other customers waved to her, smiled at her, or greeted her.  I like that.


No comments:

Post a Comment