Saturday, August 6, 2011

Hearing God's Voice

I've been struggling for a few months with the idea of hearing God's voice. I envy those people in Biblical times and even today who have stories of how they have heard an audible voice. Oh, if I could be so lucky!

When I am praying for direction in my life, it seems that it's at those times that it's hardest for me to feel him directing my life. I long for a clear path to be laid out in front of me. I long to step forward with confidence and certainty.

Instead, I timidly take a step and look around thinking, "Is this you, God? Is this way right, God?"

Also, I know that God can help you know which way to go by placing an obstacle in your path, or a closed door, figuratively speaking. Sometimes he directs you in a new way because you simply cannot go down the same path you are going down any longer. However, how are we supposed to know if an obstacle is a closed door, or merely just a trial through which we need to persevere?

Lots of questions, but not many answers right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment