Saturday, July 13, 2013

Lose a Ton: Trial Day 6

Before I was going to publicly ask others to join me in this endeavor to clean out a literal TON of things from our homes, I wanted to make sure it was actually possible.  I didn't want to ask something that would only frustrate or be sure to fail.

I began a week-long trial run about two weeks ago, and throughout this week, I'll share with you my journal entries from that trial.  Click to read about Trial Day 1Trial Day 2 Trial Day 3Trial Day 4, and Trial Day 5 here. 


TRIAL DAY 6
I attacked kids' clothes today.  We had been previously storing them in small batches according to size, but had multiple small boxes of the same size.  Our hope is to go to the container store and get 1 large bin for each size.

I began by gathering all the clothes boxes, then unpacked them and considered each item.  It was very nostalgic, remembering how little Feven was when she wore those clothes! (Yes, it has only been a year!)

It was pretty easy to go through all the clothes.  I generally had one of two responses:
  • Oh, she was so cute in that!  OR
  • I never liked how that outfit looked on her
A few clothes were too worn for another child, so those will go in the free box at the garage sale in case any families need more play clothes.

Zac tossed in another tool today too - I bet he's enjoying creating extra work space in the garage.  All in all, a good day!


14 pounds

Our group has officially begun but there's still room for more to join!  We have a private Facebook group where we share stories and encourage one another.  Let me know if you want to join the challenge and I'll add you to our group.  It has been a source of much motivation and inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment