Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Lose a Ton Update

Our cohort is working hard and weeding out things we no longer need or no longer use (or just plain don't like!).  I am so proud of our group - together we have removed 1,868 pounds from our homes and we're still tossing over the next 7 days!

My basement is an absolute disaster right now with tables set up holding boxes and messy heaps of discarded items.  I look at the items sitting there and have not once been tempted to take back an item!  I'm eagerly anticipating our garage sale next weekend to sell off these unused items to others who will love them and use them.  I've started praying for our garage sale - that the people who come would find just what they need there.  I can't wait to see what happens!

This challenge wasn't always easy for me; many times I'd wait until the end of the day to begin finding my 10 pounds when I was tired and just wanted to go to bed!  I'm so thankful I pushed through and did it, though.  Especially in the tough times!  The discipline of this exercise has given me a new lens with which I view stuff.  As items come through my door now, I can easily determine if they are keepers or I should discard them, rather than waiting for 5 or 10 years before I part with them still unused.

Over the course of the next week or two I'll share with  you a little more in-depth about the lessons I learned during this project and share with you a few words of wisdom from those who journeyed with me.  It has been a truly great experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment