Sunday, July 14, 2013

Lose a Ton: Trial Day 7 - Final Trial Run

Before I was going to publicly ask others to join me in this endeavor to clean out a literal TON of things from our homes, I wanted to make sure it was actually possible.  I didn't want to ask something that would only frustrate or be sure to fail.

I began a week-long trial run about two weeks ago, and throughout this week, I'll share with you my journal entries from that trial.  Click to read about Trial Day 1Trial Day 2 Trial Day 3Trial Day 4, Trial Day 5 and Trial Day 6 here. 


TRIAL DAY 7
10:30pm and I just want to go to bed.  But I committed to this.

While scouring the linen closet before bed for something, I noticed 2 cleaning products I no longer use.  That gave me my idea for today.  I went to a spot in the basement where we store cleaning products (I don't know why we store them there, it makes no sense), and found many cleaners we don't use anymore.  Some I could have saved for that time that I will get a scratch in my "light wood" furniture, but I think by the amount of dust on the bottles that they would be better off in someone else's home or properly disposed of.  I found 8 to eliminate and one spay bottle I thought we got rid of a few years ago!

I'm still scale-less, so I hope these cleaners add up to 10 pounds!


8 pounds when weighed.  I am reminding myself it's not about perfection but about progress!  :)

Our group has officially begun but there's still room for more to join!  We have a private Facebook group where we share stories and encourage one another.  Let me know if you want to join the challenge and I'll add you to our group.  It has been a source of much motivation and inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment