Saturday, March 27, 2010

Long-lasting Friendships

Today I had the privilege of hanging out with some of my teammates from my year of Team Ministry with Youth Encounter. It's been almost 7 years since we met, and we love getting together when we can. Today I got to see Sarah, my teammate who now lives in Iowa; Jennifer, my teammate who now lives in Tennessee; and Deron, my teammate who lives here in the cities who attends the same church as Zac and I. It was so good to be together!

One of my favorite things about hanging out with this group of people is how comfortable I feel being around them. They all have seen me in my best and worst moments, so I don't have to try to pretend to be someone I'm not. I can relax and just be me, and I know they'll love me and accept me that very way.

It's exciting to know that I have friends who shared such a life-changing experience with me. With one word we can transport ourselves to a certain situation or town that we were in when we traveled together. We have to use fewer words to recollect those memories because it was a shared experience.

It's fun to think about what our group will be like in 5 years, 10 years...50 years. I hope we still will be getting together and enjoying each other's company!

No comments:

Post a Comment