Monday, March 29, 2010

Unexpected Kindness

I always go over my grocery budget for the week. Somehow extra apples, pears, oranges, and grapefruit seem to hop in my cart as I pass through the produce aisle.

Today I was over my limit, and unfortunately I only brought enough cash for the budgeted amount. I opted to pay with all the cash I had, and then put the remaining balance on our credit card.

Now, the remaining balance wasn't extravagant. I think all in all it was $1.86 over. I told the cashier, "I'll put all this cash toward it, then put the remainder on the card." She did some fast typing and before I knew it, she was handing me change back. I'm sure I looked as puzzled as I felt. She then explained that she put in an extra coupon for me. I didn't have to scan my card at all!

I was touched by her kindness, and it made my whole day.

No comments:

Post a Comment