Friday, December 31, 2010

December 31 - Goal Setting

As December comes to a close, I want to thank you for participating in this month's 15-minute journey with me. I hope your life has been enriched by the activities we did together this month. I know that I stepped out of my comfort zone on more than one occasion to do some of these activities, and I was always pleasantly surprised!

For our last day together this December, I want you to think about a goal for yourself for 2011. If possible, stay away from the "usual" goals. I don't have to list them, you know what they are. Try to choose a goal that doesn't require a daily commitment, because sometimes we can be so hard on ourselves if we fail! What's something you've always wanted to do? Make that your goal for 2011.

When you think about your goal, what are some small steps you'll need to get there? Write these steps down. It's much easier to accomplish a goal when it doesn't seem so overwhelming. After you've written down the steps to your goal, make a rough timeline of when you'd like to accomplish those little steps.

For example, if you want to read a certain book in 2011, break it down by how many chapters you'd have to read each month. Take it easy - accomplishing a goal should be FUN, not stressful!

It's a proven fact that you're more likely to accomplish a goal if you have some accountability, so share your goal with a friend or family member. You can also share your goal with me - I'd be happy to email you and help you stay on track to meet your 2011 goal!

Here's to a wonderful 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment