Saturday, January 15, 2011

To make a list or not make a list...that is the question

I'm a notorious list-maker. I could be addicted, but I don't want to spend the time to really think it over.

Lists help me to stay focused when there is a lot to be done in a short period of time. They also help me clear my head because once an item is written down on a list, it somehow gives me permission to not worry about remembering it anymore.

Are you with me?

Well, yesterday I stood at the helm of a free weekend. No plans. NO PLANS. I can count on one hand the number of times this has happened to me in my life, and most of the times were when I was a baby. As I looked ahead to this gloriously free weekend, I wondered what I could do. I made a mental list of about 18 things.

Now, yes, I realize that's a little ambitious. And yes, I know it's not humanly possible to get it all done. But somehow I want to. Somehow I'm not only addicted to lists, but to completing things on lists.

So, do I give in to the temptation to make a list? Can I use the excuse that I'll limit it to only 5 things? Or do I force myself to relax and just go with the flow this weekend?

To make a list or not...what would you do?


No comments:

Post a Comment