Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Universal Letter Writing Week - Letters and Books

I love letters, and I also happen to love books. This fall I met a woman who told me about a book she read which was a compilation of letters. It was called The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie society. This book inspired her and reminded her of the importance and the power of the hand-written note. As soon as she told me about it, I immediately went to our library's website to request it!

This book was simply fantastic. I had trouble putting it down. The author weaves the story together brilliantly through these letters. She carefully chooses which details to reveal to you when, and does it so naturally that you forget these letters are fictional!

If you're looking for a nice read and looking to get inspired by the hand-written letter, pick up a copy of this book. You won't be disappointed!

No comments:

Post a Comment