Friday, November 18, 2011

November 18 - Belt/Headband

I enjoy dual purpose projects. Today's project can be worn as a belt or a headband.

My scrap bin had some brown and red floral fabric that I thought would make a nice trendy belt for fall.



To begin, I trimmed a section off the bottom. I'm realizing more and more that I like casual projects, so there was no measuring involved, just eye-balling it. It's a belt, nobody will look too closely!

I folded it over with the "right" sides together and sewed along the edge.



A safety pin proved to be very helpful when turning the long, thin tube inside out. After I did that, I ironed it to make it crisp and flat. I cut the ends at an angle, then stuffed them inside and top stitched the very ends.

I can use it as a headband...



Or a belt on the outside of a sweater...



Or a belt on my jeans.



I was by myself when I took these pictures, and you should have seen the outtakes! It's hard to take a picture of yourself by holding a heavy camera at arms' length! However, I hope these photos give you a few inspiring ideas! This was so easy and didn't take much fabric at all. I'll have to keep this project in mind to jazz up some outfits throughout the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment