Saturday, November 5, 2011

November 5 - Bean Bags

I'm very excited about today's project. Bean bags are fun for any age! I want to have a few sets so I can use them when we have friends over for backyard BBQ's in the summer, and I also think bean bags are a good teaching tool for kids. Not only can they work on their motor skills, but if you have a bunch of different bean bags, you can use them to teach kids colors, shapes, and patterns.

I began by choosing some scrap fabric that seemed worthy of bean bag material. You can see that I didn't have a ton of this material, but it was just enough for a few 4" bean bags!



I turned the fabric inside out and sewed around all sides, leaving a small opening at one end.



I turned the fabric inside out through that small hole and then filled it with about 1 c. of beans.



I was debating using beans or lentils, but ultimately went with dried beans.



I stitched the opening shut by hand. Nothing too fancy, but I did make sure my stitches were small enough that beans wouldn't escape!



I can't wait to play with these bean bags!

No comments:

Post a Comment