Monday, November 7, 2011

November 7 - Snowball Ornaments


Tis the season to be thinking about Christmas. I thought up a fantastic way to use up small pieces of leftover fabric.

I cut up some old sweatshirt material fabric into thin strips, all roughly the same size. I would like to point out that this material is leftover from my 8th grade Home Ec class project...which I made approximately 17 years ago. I'm a saver, what can I say? This fabric was a good choice for this project because the edges don't shed threads.


Once the pieces were cut, I put them in a small pile and tied a string around the center very tightly. I cinched it up and it quickly made a small snowball.


I may use these as Christmas tree ornaments...


...or as present toppers instead of bows.



Do you have any other uses for these snowballs?

No comments:

Post a Comment